Eight entrepreneurs recently graduated from our MidCoast’s Venturing Forth class. Venturing Forth is a 60-hour course in business planning. This class covered in-depth topics like understanding your customer, competition, marketing, record keeping, taxes, finances, legal aspects, and more. At the end of the class, graduates presented their completed business plans.
2016 Venturing Forth class graduates included:
Christine Macchi of Dresden, owner of Christine Macchi Photography and Craft Traveler
Tamara Barry, co-owner of Rise: A Wellness Studio in Winthrop
Sheila Cohen of Brunswick, owner of Lingua Beats
Jim Blier of Waldoboro, owner of Bees Knees Video
Sare Curtis, co-owner of Rise: A Wellness Studio in Winthrop
Janine Valliere, owner of Echoes of New England in Hallowell
Stephanie LaCroix, owner of Engine 5 Bakehouse in Waterville
Emily Weir, a fine artist based in Brunswick.
Graduates said this about the Venturing Forth program:
- The constructive criticism, focus, congeniality, content, pace, and intimate environment helped me to find direction and define my business.
- The chance to question our visiting experts was the most helpful piece.
- I gained clarity, insights, terminology, and great resources to draw on after the class.
- I have laid out action steps for the next year and a half and feel prepared to continue on with business counseling and mentoring.
- I feel more confident and directed. It was transformative and exceeded my expectations.
NVME’s 2016 Brunswick Venturing Forth graduates will meet for three follow-up networking sessions. These sessions will provide continuing support as they launch and grow their businesses.
For more information or to register for upcoming business classes in the MidCoast area, view upcoming classes, call 386-1664, or email Jenn Dobransky in our Midcoast office.