A Hands-on Conference for 8th Grade and High School Girls*
New Ventures Maine organizes free, one-day Totally Trades! conferences throughout Maine to encourage female students to consider careers in which women are underrepresented.
This year almost 800 students will have the opportunity to explore careers in trades and technology.
Featured careers include:
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Information Technology
- Building Construction
- Cable Technician
- Plumbing and Heating
- Cyber Security
“We give girls a hands-on workshop experience to spark their interest and raise awareness about a career field that they may not have previously considered, as well as provide female role models – women who can lead by example, having already succeeded in pursuing work that traditionally is viewed as ‘man’s work’,” says Suzanne Senechal-Jandreau, Aroostook County Regional Manager.
Mark your calendars!
The Totally Trades! Spring 2020 conferences are right around the corner:
- Westbrook: Friday, 3/27 at Westbrook Regional Vocational Center
- POSTPONED. For more information, contact Lisa Sweet at 799-5025 or email@example.com
- Bangor: Friday, 4/3 at United Technologies Center
- CANCELED. For more information, contact Tom Grogan at 262-7843 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presque Isle: Wednesday, 4/15 at Northern Maine Community College
- POSTPONED. For more information, contact Suzanne Senechal-Jandreau at 768-9635 or email@example.com
- Lewiston: Thursday, 5/28 at Lewiston Regional Technical Center
- CANCELED. For more information, contact Chris Morin at 753-6531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*conferences for self–identifying girls and gender-expansive youth.
Financial support is provided by:
Cary Medical Center
E. L. Vining & Son
K-PEL Industrial Services
Washington County Community College
S. W. Collins Co.
Soderberg Company, Inc.
There are Career and Technical Education (CTE) Centers and Regions throughout Maine that provide hands-on training programs for high school students. For more information about a CTE Center close to you, visit mainecte.org.
For more information on how New Ventures Maine is working to introduce girls and women to non-traditional career fields contact Jean Dempster at 207-621-3434 or email@example.com
|First Impressions Matter: Resume & Interview||2020-08-25 August 25, 2020|
(ends August 27, 2020)
|Build your Career||ONLINE Daytime||Statewide|
|My Next Career Move||2020-08-11 August 11, 2020|
(ends September 08, 2020)
|Build your Career||ONLINE Anytime||Statewide|