Micro Enterprise Research Internship
Flexible schedule, 150 – 200 hours, Evening availability required
Based in Augusta
Background: NVME has provided entrepreneurship training and technical assistance for 30 years and is active in advocating for policies and programs that support entrepreneurship development, particularly in rural areas. As a member of E-Tracker, a national project of The Aspen Institute, Washington, D.C., NVME tracks performance and outcomes designed specifically for the microenterprise industry. This internship will assist NVME to collect high-quality client outcomes data, including qualitative summaries of client experience.
Position Description: The primary responsibility of the intern will be to assist New Ventures Maine with the collection of client outcomes data using E-Tracker and other survey tools and data collection protocols. The intern will report to the Director of Program and Policy Development and work with the Systems Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in pre-interview activities, including updating contact information, preparing client invitation mailing
- Attend training in conducting E Tracker interviews and correct data entry
- Conduct phone client interviews
- Assist with organizing and recording Focus group session.
- Enter outcomes data into the Excel workbook.
- Take responsibility for data cleaning and verification activities.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in and or coursework in research methods
- Demonstrated communication skills; survey and or interviewing skills are a plus
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in Excel applications
- Pursuing Degree in any of the social sciences, public policy, administration, planning, business administration, or related fields
- An interest in pursuing a career that addresses domestic poverty and/or economic inequality
- Available during the period June 1, 2016 – August 5, 2016.
Send inquiries and application to:
Eloise Vitelli, Director of Program and Policy Development; 46 University Drive; Augusta, ME 04330-9410;
1-800-442-2092 (Maine only) or 207 621-3437.