New Ventures Maine is served by an Advisory Council whose members are appointed by the Governor. The Advisory Council serves in a strategic planning capacity, supports the development, marketing and advocacy of the agency, and hosts the Biennial Funders’ Reception. Advisory Council members are chosen to represent a range of interests, skills and abilities and geographic areas and include past program participants.
Advisory Council members provide important links to and from education, business, and non-profits and offer significant role models of community leadership to staff and program participants alike.
- Sarah Halpin (Chair) – Back Cove Financial
- Jonathan Henry – University of Maine at Augusta
- Karen Garland-Kidder – Healthy Community Coalition of Greater Franklin County
- Molly O’Connell – Maine Association of Nonprofits
- Dannel Malloy – University of Maine System
- Sarah Ruef-Lindquist – Allen Financial
- Cheryl Timberlake – Capitol Insights
- Deirdre Wadsworth – Hardypond Construction
- Laura Warner – Biddeford Savings
- Michael Young – United Way of Southern Maine
For more information please contact Janet Smith, Executive Director, at (207) 621-3437 or firstname.lastname@example.org