Awards up to $500 through a local, competitive process in each of NVME’s 6 regions.
Deadline to apply for Spring 2018 is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 4.
Background: New Ventures Maine (NVME)’s marketing mini-grant program aims to strengthen access to markets for micro-businesses by supporting the development of marketing tools, materials, and activities. Under the program NVME awards cash mini-grants (up to $500 each) to micro-enterprises for marketing projects via one of two competitive processes.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants include individual micro business owners, business partners, or groups of business owners. Non-profit organizations are not eligible. Businesses must apply to the region in which they are based. Additional criteria: 5 or fewer full-time equivalent employees, and gross annual sales of $250,000 or less.
Use of funds: New Ventures Maine’s mini-grants support new or expanded business marketing and promotion, not the production of your product or purchase of equipment, tools, furnishings, or other fixed assets. Professional licensure for the owner or employees and/or membership fees will not be funded.
Business Match: Your winning grant must be matched by a 25% contribution (i.e. $125 match required for $500 grant). Matching funds can come from business profits, personal funds, or other sources.
Regional Variations: The MidCoast and Southern regions will use the applications to select contestants for a live pitch contest. The other four regions – Central, NorthCentral, Northern and Western – will award grants based upon a written application.
Region-Specific contacts: Specific information and applications are available through each region’s contact:
- Kennebec & Somerset Counties – Online Application or Jean Dempster, 621.3434, email@example.com
- Businesses located in the town of Brunswick and Harpswell and Sagadahoc, Lincoln, Knox and Waldo Counties – Online Application or Jenn Dobransky, 386.1664, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aroostook County – Online Application or Karin Petrin,768.9468, email@example.com
- Penobscot, Piscataquis, Hancock & Washington Counties – Online Application or SarahJoy Chaples, 262.7842, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cumberland & York Counties – Online Application or Gigi Guyton, 799.5025, email@example.com
- Androscoggin, Oxford & Franklin Counties – Online Application or Karleen Andrews, 557.1885, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional resources for applicants:
Mini-grants supported in part by Norway Savings Bank