Deadline extended to Monday, November 6!
Awards up to $400 through a local, competitive process in each of NVME’s 6 regions.
Deadline to apply for Fall, 2017 is Monday, November 6.
Background: New Ventures Maine (NVME)’s marketing mini-grant program aims to strengthen access to markets for micro-businesses by supporting the development of marketing tools, materials, and activities. Under the program NVME awards cash mini-grants (up to $400 each) to micro-enterprises for marketing projects via one of two competitive processes.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants include individual micro business owners, business partners, or groups of business owners. Non-profit organizations are not eligible. Businesses must apply to the region in which they are based. Additional criteria: 5 or fewer full-time equivalent employees, and gross annual sales of $250,000 or less.
Use of funds: New Ventures Maine’s mini-grants support new or expanded business marketing and promotion, not the production of your product or purchase of equipment, tools, furnishings, or other fixed assets. Professional licensure for the owner or employees and/or membership fees will not be funded.
Business Match: Your winning grant must be matched by a 25% contribution (i.e. $100 match required for $400 grant). Matching funds can come from business profits, personal funds, or other sources.
Regional Variations: The MidCoast and Southern regions will use the applications to select contestants for a live pitch contest. The other four regions – Central, NorthCentral, Northern and Western – will award grants based upon a written application.
Region-Specific contacts: Specific information and applications are available through each region’s contact:
- Central Region – Online Application or Jean Dempster, 621.3434, email@example.com
- MidCoast Region – Online Application or Jenn Dobransky, 386.1664, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Northern Region – Online Application or Karin Petrin,768.9468, email@example.com
- NorthCentral/Down East Region – Online Application or Jane Searles, 262.7843, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern Region – Online Application or Gigi Guyton, 799.5025, email@example.com
- Western Region – Online Application or Karleen Andrews, 557.1885, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional resources for applicants:
Mini-grants supported in part by Norway Savings Bank